Into the Wilds: Adaptation
LOCATION: Wilderness Park Mountain Bike Trail, Morris Bridge Road across from Trout Creek Park
Welcome Tanuki Yushi. You must discover how much the curse has taken from you. The Curse makes you think you can’t survive without the artificial life-support system of phones, electricity, etc. This is LIE. Humans are the most adaptable species on the planet. You MUST reclaim this resiliency if you would break the curse. Your Shidosha guide will help you understand how your body adapts in the short and long term. You will try out various adaptation strategies used around the world. If you like costuming, this is definitely for you. Get ready…this adventure will challenge assumptions you didn’t know you made. Are you willing to adapt?
During this adventure, you’ll:
- walk on natural surfaces at your pace
- receive personalized instruction in basic adaptation physiology and history
- practice various skills in a supervised environment
TIME: 09:00am – 11:00am OR 11:30am – 1:30pm OR 2:00pm – 4:00pm
MAX XP: 100
- Ability to walk on uneven terrains (pace will be slow)
- Ability to function in outdoor temperatures 30°+ C (90°+ F)
Things to Consider:
- You will get wet and muddy.
- There will be mosquitoes and other insects/wildlife.
- Water is not available at this location. Bring your own to drink while we’re out.
- Clothing is a major aspect of adaptation. We can help you prepare appropriately to get the most out of this event.
◊If you are uncertain that you are physically able to participate in this event, please contact us for more information and consult your doctor.◊
◊Nature is accessible for everyone, with the right preparation. If you use adaptive devices and would like to know if this adventure is suitable for you, please contact us.◊